PerformanceSideshow oddities Fire, Glass, Nails, Ukelele, knife thrower
The Crispy Family Carnival is an authentic troupe of Sideshow performers preserving those traditional acts that were kicked out of the American circus during the era of political correctness. Their lighthearted approach to the macabre has made audiences across the nation gasp with horror and squeal with delight.
• Mr. Crispy is a sword-swallowing Modern Fakir that graduated from The Coney Island Sideshow School. Ring-leader of this bizarre family, Crispy shocks the crowd with his glass walking, human pincushion, fire-eating, block-head, and fire-breathing skills. His fascination with pain, physics, and human biology has led him down the path of the insane. Of all the Torture Kings you’ve ever seen, Crispy is one class-act that you’re bound to remember!
• Acoustic Ross is one of the funniest musicians in Tulsa bringing his amazing musical talents to the stage and guiding you through a night of laughs, amazing feats, and daring stunts. Acoustic Ross is a solo AntiFolk artist from Ohio who calls Tulsa home. His fiercely original take on life is a one-man assault on all things stale and boring: equal parts folk, punk, rock, blues, country and pop, with a dash of standup comedy to taste, its AntiFolk al dente, high-energy Service with a Smirk. Nothing is safe as Acoustic Ross skewers targets far & wide with biting wit, fearless wordplay, wild irreverence, and a medley you have to see to believe.
• Tangy Tart has been singing, dancing and performing in theatre since age 12. She has her degree in theatre and has performed variously around Tulsa. Some highlights include: Boy Gets Girl, Oedipus Rex, Fiddler on the Roof, and The Vagina Monologues. She is a newcomer to burlesque, but what a debut: she is Tulsa’s first singing striptease artist—so get ready for this sexy chanteuse. Tangy Tart has joined Mr. Crispy as his bull-whipping, glass walking, fire eating assistant.
There’s nothing politically correct about this show, but there’s plenty that is fun — hilariously, spine chillingly, fun. It’s wicked, weird and wonderful! Contact The Crispy Family Carnival today.
– Participated in the 2005 World Record Mass Sword Swallow with The Sword Swallowers Association International
– Participated in the 2005 World Record Fire Eating Record in Wilkes-Barre, PA.
– Participated in the 2009 & 2010 World Record Mass Blockhead in Wilkes-Barre, PA.
The Crispy Family Carnival Spectacular is an outlandish smorgasbord of neo-vaudevillian entertainment and classic Sideshow oddities.
This is real, live entertainment.
The difference between a magician and a sideshow performer is that a magician relies on tricks while a Sideshow performer relies on his or her own strength, endurance, and downright insanity to perform body bending acts, guaranteed to shock and enliven. Here is but a sampling of the many and bizarre talents showcased by the Crispy Family Carnival Spectacular.
The phenomenal acts of the
Crispy Family have included:
o Strange and Unnatural Appetites —Watch members of the Crispy Family eagerly devour a wide array of tasty morsels ranging from fire to broken glass and worms (eww!)
o Human Blockhead – Your eyes will water and your sinuses will surrender as Dr. Crispy demonstrates his patented cure for snoring — THE SINU-SPIKE!
o The Masochism Tango – A torturous union of broken glass and bare feet.
o Bed of Nails – Constructed from 500 seven-inch gutter spikes, you won’t rest easy while this medieval torture device is onstage.
o Dartboard Surprise – A relatively simple procedure involving a balloon, a dart gun and a willing victim: the surprise lies in the landing place of the darts. You won’t believe your eyes!
o Unmatchable Fire-manipulation –
our talented performers are among the safest and most graceful in the world. Whether performing fire poi, fire eating and breathing, or the one-of-a-kind flaming cube The Crispy family carries a $2,000,000 insurance policy. If fire is not an option, fire-free shows are available.
o Human Pin Cushion – Watch our founder Crispy skewer himself with safety pins and hatpins, if you dare!
o Ms. Electra – 50,000 volts is enough electricity to kill a horse; it’s also enough to turn this amazing lady into a combustible glow stick.
o Human Oddities – The Crispy Family is the only sideshow in the world featuring “Human Oddities” or “Freaks.”
o The Blade Box – With so many blades running through the box, there’s no way imaginable that our assistant could still be inside – yet she is.
o Sword Swallowing – There are approximately 40 people in the U.S. still daring enough to swallow swords, Crispy is one of them
o Tips Accepted – Like what you see? Let Crispy know with a crisp bill – just staple it to his forehead, chest, back, or belly!
The Crispy Family is an award winning show:
The Candlelight Award was presented to The Crispy Family in 2004 by the Circus Historical Society for their work keeping the sideshow traditions alive. Crispy has taken part in two successful world record attempts.
The Crispy Family knows how to play with fire (safely and legally):
– The Crispy Family carries a two million dollar insurance policy:
– Crispy was a consultant to the Denver Fire Department when they drafted their improved fire safety ordinances.
– Still squeamish? Fire free shows are available.
The Crispy Family has delighted audiences in many high profile locals:
Fiddler’s Green (as part of Lollapalooza); Youngstown University (Ohio); Drawing the Wildcard Tattoo Expo (Atlantic City, NJ), Trump Marina (Atlantic City, NJ), Inkin’ in the Valley(Wilkes-Barre, PA), The Boulder Theatre (with Devotchka); The Fox Theatre (with Cabaret Diosa); The Ogden Theatre, The Denver Parade of Lights, Mr. Scary’s Tatoo Expo, Trilogy Lounge; The LIDA Project; The Bug Theatre; The Other Side Art Gallery; Indiego Music Center; and The Pearl Street Mall. National performance stops include Idaho, Oklahoma, Kansas, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Utah (where the family headlined Salt Lake City’s First Night Gala). The Crispy Family has performed for groups ranging in size from a mere handful to throngs of teeming thousands.
The Crispy Family has appeared on:
ABC’s Good Morning Utah, The CBS Evening News, Radio 1190 KVCU, Boulder, 103.5 The Fox, Denver, “The Lewis & Floorwax Show”, Canadian Television’s “Whale of a Tale,” and “Weird Wheels”, Discovery Health “You Swallowed What?”
The Crispy Family and it’s members have shared the stage with:
The Jim Rose Circus, The Billy Nayer Show, The Dresden Dolls, The Ditty Bops, The Asylum Street Spankers, Count Zero, Dita Von Tease, Quintron, Whirlwind Heat, Devotchka, Cabaret Diosa,, Cephalic Carnage, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, and more.
The Crispy Family Carnival is flexible and can tailor its show to suit all needs:
extravagant stage productions; club engagements; concerts; private parties/corporate events; lodge meetings, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, and weddings; street performances, festivals, monster truck rallies, garden parties and more.
When the Crispy Family Carnival Spectacular is at hand, a tittering laugh-riot of snorts and screams is assured. Contact The Crispy Family today and find out how it can help abnormalize your event!