PerformanceAerialist, acrobat, gymnast
Awards & Honors
- Female Olympic Athlete of the Year.
- Athlete of the Decade in acrobatic gymnastics.
- 7-time consecutive National Champion (the only sports acrobat to do so)
- Inducted into the USSAF (acro-gymnastics) Hall of Fame.
- Inducted into the World Acrobatics Society Gallery of Honor.
- Considered a legend in acrobatic gymnastics.
- Received “Key to the City” in Solen, OH; Baton Rouge, LA; New Orleans, LA.
- Received “Certificate of Merit for Outstanding Citizen” in New Orleans, LA (twice).
- Received Honorable Mention for “Overture to the Arts,” (in dance) a nationwide dance competition.
- BA from the University of New Orleans, on an academic scholarship and on the Dean’s list.
- High school Valedictorian, Student of the Year, and Student Representative.
- Bobbie Chance, Ric DiAngelo (Actor’s Preparatory Workshop), & U of N.O. for Acting technique, scenes, improvisation.
- New Orleans Center for Creative Arts, The Edge & Millinium for Ballet, Modern, Jazz, Lyrical, Character, and Folk dancing.
- N.O. Acrobatics Team & Elmwood Gymnastics for Sports Acrobatics.
- Aerialist on Paul McCartney’s European tour
- Aerialist in the 2002 Winter Olympics.
- Aerial silk act 80 feet off a nine story building for Cirque du Soleil’s press release of Zumanity.
- Aerial silks off hot air balloon with Sarah McLachlan and Josh Groban singing live.
- Star Wars, Rush Hour II & Spider Man premieres.
- Performances with Anti-gravity.
- Pan American Games, North Carolina.
- Olympic Sports Festival, North Carolina.
- The Perfect 10 Tou with Olympic Gymnastics Team.
- McDonald’s American Cup, Virginia.
- Kurt Thomas Gymnastics America US Tour.
- NFL Football Playoffs. Superdome, New Orleans, LA
- World Sports Fair in Tokyo, Japan. Acrobatics competition
- Live with Earth, Wind and Fire.
- World’s Fair.
- Fund raisers with Aaron Neville, Muhammad Ali, George Foreman and others.
- Performances at the Sydney Opera House and The Kennedy Center among many others.
- Hundreds of corporate performances, charity benefits and private events.
- Currently touring with Cirque de la Symphonie, performing with live symphony orchestras.
Co-host (in Italian)
Acrobatics & Aerial
Lady Luck Prod.uctions
Blue Horizon International
Van Loo Productions
Van Loo Productions
- Trainer of the celebrities on NBC’s Celebrity Circus.
- Aerial choreographer for Britney Spears World Tour.
- Aerial choreographer for Olympic champion Alexei Yagundin for the Stars on Ice US tour.
- Choreographed floor routines for elite level gymnasts and acrogymnasts.
- Choreographed for Cirque Ingenieux (World renowned theatrical circus show)
- Teaches sports acrobatics and aerial silks workshops throughout the US.
- Worked as a gymnastics, acrobatics and aerial coach, choreographer and director.
- Trained acro-gymnasts in Italy and the U.S. from beginner to elite level. Many of these students advanced to international competitions.
- Selected by Fuji film and the Japanese Gymnastics Federation to initiate Sports Acrobatics training programs in Japan via exhibitions, clinics, and creation of instructional books and videos.
- Trained international champion competitive theatrical dance pairs.
- Producer of ”Secrets of the Circus Revealed,” instructional DVDs.
- Personal aerial trainers for Claire Danes and Russel Crowe.
- Taught masterclasses in Australia, Japan, Italy, Hong Kong, Costa Rica, Canada, and the US.
- Taught for Cirque du Soleil’s Cirque du Monde, a social circus program.
- Co-owner of Airborne Arts, an aerial retreat center overlooking a 600 foot waterfall in Costa Rica.
- Featured on NBC’s The Today Show.
- Featured on ESPN’s World Class Women.
- Featured in National Geographic World Magazine.
- Featured on the cover of International Gymnast Magazine.
- Featured in World Sports Acrobatics Magazine.
- Featured in Time/Life Books.
- Featured in Sports Acrobatics: Art or Sport? by Chukyo Shuppan.
- Featured in Japanese instructional Sports Acrobatic book.
- Featured in Various publications, newspapers and television in China, Russia, Japan, Bulgaria, Belgium, France, and the US.
- “If You Think You Can, You Can,” published in Chicken Soup for the Body & Soul.
- “The Inner Athlete” published in International Gymnast Magazine.
- “Art or Sport?” published in a nationwide newspaper Dancer.
- “Sport Acrobatics” published in Dancer.
- “Christine Van Loo” published in Acro Magazine
- “Cling” (poem) published in The Silence Within, in Letters from the Soul and in The Sound of Poetry (CD).
- “I Search” (poem) published in Noble House’s European anthology: Theatre of the Mind.
- Fluent in Spanish & Italian. Conversational in French.
- Acro-gymnastics — 2 person hand to hand, tosses, contortion & balancing positions.
- Aerial silks, Spanish web & aerial hammock — Acrobatic/contortion on fabric or a vertical rope
- Stationary Trapeze
- Harness Work